Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank goodness its over!




Let me be very clear, despite what some may think about my beliefs...

There is cause to celebrate here, independent of who you cast
your vote for. The vote yesterday made it reasonably clear that the majority of the nation prefered Obama. Our democratic process worked well yesterday and produced a clear victor, aiding in our ability to unite behind a majority
leader without the need for squabbling after the election. You may or may not like who w
on (I'm not sure I'll know for 6-12 months), but I know Obama is the will of the people. For better or for worse, it's what America is all about. I sincerely hope he can lead our nation justly and effectively.

We've definitely made a shift from one side to the other, and thats a good thing too. Until we have more than a two party system I'm not sure we'll ever really be TRUELY represented well in Washington, We're a diverse place to be equated to the same two groups for the past hundred years. but this is a great start.

No comments: